A Love Letter To My Son


Dear Son,

Our time together is coming to a close. Soon, you will be out in the world and experiencing day and night, feeling cold, and pooping! As we grew together these past months, you have brought healing and growth in areas of my life that I didn't know were hurting. I identified and overcame anxious attachment patterns. I learned that I don't have to be useful to be around others; it's okay to take just up space- a lot of space. I reflected on my relationship with my own mom and what being a mother means to me. I got better at asking for help. You've helped me grow as a person while you yourself were growing!

Thank you for growing so well and reassuring me that you're doing okay by kicking my ribs constantly, at all hours of the day and night. Thank you for transforming from a tiny alien-fish into a mini human being - all in MY body! I'm happy that my body is just right for you to grow and thrive. For the first time, I'm proud and impressed by my body and what she did for you.

I can't wait for you to meet your dad. All the times that you shook from my belly laughs - that was probably because of him! Your dad is an amazing man and a perfect role model for you. 

Thank you for reminding us of the amazing community we have. You are so loved by our friends and family. Many of them have been praying for you since you were the size of a lime! Even though mom and dad will try our best to love you and care for you, it is our community and God who support our family and keep us going.

I'm going to miss being close to you and feeling every stretch and squirm. I'm going to miss feeling you dance when you hear dad's voice or when I eat something particularly tasty. Thank you for giving me this special time with you.

Thank you for making me a mom.

Love,
Mom

Comments

Popular Posts