Unity in Color Feature

 I'm so excited to share my collaboration with Unity in Color! Unity in Color is a global community that highlights diversity and equality for women. Through their platform, I was able to share my personal story of becoming a therapist as well as some therapy basics (video here!). 

I was inspired to become a therapist from my own experiences growing up and learning to be my authentic self. I am sure most therapists will tell you that their inspiration came from their own personal stories. My experiences and challenges growing up gave me a capacity for compassion and empathy towards people who often feel alone in their suffering and their brokenness. Society likes to hide this part of our Human Experience but I believe the struggle is part of the beauty that makes us human. It makes the accomplishments and celebrations of our lives all the more meaningful. 




Comments

Popular Posts